Categories

Sunday, February 28, 2016

#3 of 24: The Thrill of a Bad Boy's Past, A Review of That Kind of Guy by Mina V. Esguerra

That Kind of GuyThat Kind of Guy by Mina V. Esguerra
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Thrill of a Bad Boy's Past

What hooked me immediately with this story was: WHY? Why did good girl Julie say no to a marriage proposal from obviously hot Anton? The story begins with one of Anton's past "conquests" and that sucked me into the story.

To begin with, Julie isn't an all-around nice girl after all. Her staff actually hates her. So, that kind of made her a more layered character, someone I wanted to get to know better. I really liked this story. For all the good girls (a.k.a. Manangs) reading it (haha!) it will give you some vicarious thrills. I liked how Julie wanted to get to the bottom of her feelings, no matter what the situation. She knows there's something missing in her relationship, so she doesn't just follow her feelings. That's a brave thing to do. Confession: I wanted Anton to be "badder." Or maybe I wanted to know him more, to understand what was going on in his head throughout his string of flings. But this is more of Julie's story. Don't get me wrong. It's a really good perspective. Go read it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Search This Blog