Categories

Friday, February 19, 2016

#2 of 24: A Review of Outlander by Diana Gabaldon; A Very Long Journey

Outlander (Outlander, #1)Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A Very Long Journey

I've been told by a friend that the TV series is where all the excitement is at. I wanted to read the book, nevertheless. It took me several months to read. And I stuck with it. It wasn't exactly a page-turner for me. It's a brave new concept: romance/science fiction/ historical fiction/ adventure. So, I committed to it even though it took me forever to finish. Claire was likeable enough and Jamie was hot. Maybe that's what spurred me along. Or maybe I wanted to find out more about Geillis Duncan, one of the most interesting characters in the book and a time-traveling witch villainess. On paper, it looks like the type of book I should have liked more. But I don't think I'll be moving along to Dragonfly in Amber. Outlander alone was a very long drawn out journey. But, hey, I stayed the course.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Search This Blog