Categories

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

#7 of 36: Receding Hairlines and All: A Review of Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

FangirlFangirl by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Receding Hairlines and All: A Review of Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

I thought this was a lovely read. I will have to add that I blame my friend, Ines, for pointing out Levi's receding hairline (which prompted me to obsess over it as I read the book). This book was my reward for finishing a romance novella in May. I devoured it like cake. It was a quick read because I loved the story. I loved Cath, of course. I will always picture her in my head as someone jumping on her bed during an emergency dance party. I thought she was named after Willa Cather. I was disappointed to find out otherwise. But I loved Reagan even more. She reminded me of Eleanor (from Eleanor and Park) somehow. I don't know why. Maybe because she was a big girl. I loved how she became friends with Cath out of pity. What a cool girl. I would be scared to have her as my actual roommate, though. I'm a total wimp. But I wouldn't mind having her as a friend!

I have to admit: I am not into fan fiction. I like reading original stuff. Don't think I'm a snob. I am not. I can understand why there's a huge base of fan fiction out there. People don't want a story to end. I have nothing against that. But I find myself in Professor Piper's position. If I were running that creative writing class, I, too, would demand for original work.

All in all, I had fun reading Fangirl. I still like Eleanor and Park more, though. I don't know why. It punched me in the gut, maybe. I will be reading more Rainbow Rowell books soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Search This Blog