Categories

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

#3 of 36: Which One Will It Be?: A Review of In Over Her Head by Anne Plaza

In Over Her HeadIn Over Her Head by Anne Plaza
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Which One Will It Be?: A Review of In Over Her Head by Anne Plaza

My first observation: the language was distracting. Mainly, the past tense kept getting in the way of the present tense.

Now that I've gotten that first observation out of the way, let's get to the story. The Jerome vs. Richard mystery did keep me at the edge of my seat. I was wondering who Erika would end up with. I thought it was an effective way of keeping my attention as a reader. Lorra, Erika's best friend, was kind of annoying. However, instead of the main character undergoing a transformation by the end of the story, it was actually Lorra who went through it. It kind of makes me want to see the story from her perspective instead of Erika's.

I also noticed that Jerome is more developed as a character versus Richard. I get to see him transform from possible jerk to a sweet and thoughtful guy. On the other hand, Richard is just a jerk, period. I don't even know why Erika still liked him. The conflict between Erika and Richard was just so well established that I hardly found any reason for Erika to still fall for Richard.

Overall, this was a page-turning read. Read it to find out who Erika ends up with. :-)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Search This Blog