Categories

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sugar & Spice: A Review of Only A Kiss by Ines Bautista-Yao

Only A KissOnly A Kiss by Ines Bautista-Yao
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sugar & Spice: A Review of Only A Kiss by Ines Bautista-Yao

This review has been long overdue.

You know that it's a good story because you get lost while reading it. Well, that's what happened to me when I read Only A Kiss. Surprisingly, the most interesting character in OAK is the girl that Chris falls in love with sometime during his high school years. For some reason, I found her more interesting and complex than Katie (or even the girlfriend he ends up with in college). She's a bit of a jerk but I find that I gravitate towards characters who are not that easy to figure out.

Overall, this was a very sweet read. I finished it in exactly a week (and I had a very busy schedule last December!). I really loved how both Chris and Katie get to really develop as individuals (with their own loves and lives) before they start a relationship with each other.

Lastly, and I think a lot of people have already commented on it, OAK's cover is just gorgeous.

Disclosure: I am a friend of the author. :-)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Search This Blog