Categories

Thursday, April 18, 2013

NaPoWriMo#18: Picture

NaPoWriMo or National Poetry Writing Month, is an annual project in which participating poets attempt to write a poem a day for the month of April.

Picture
By Justine C. Tajonera

In the picture we look happy enough, like happy
families that are all alike. Broad grins, the light reflecting
on our hair. I look fat. That was the year you had me drink
nutritional supplements after several years of being
dangerously skinny. I like that picture. I don't know
where it is anymore, probably in a box because
you've always been such a pack rat. I shut out what
I don't like to remember. Better that way, perhaps.
Maybe you were taking the picture. I can't bring myself
to step over the line and cross to you. I only get the
news. I remember sitting on the marble sink, watching
you rubbing Pond's cold cream on your face. It was
one of those days when I could talk to you. I can't go
back there anymore. It's all frozen in the picture.

No comments:

Search This Blog