Categories

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Difficult Prayer


















by Justine C. Tajonera

This prayer is difficult and full
of distraction.
I try to disappear into a corner
of the screen
in front of me,
wanting divine
intervention.

There are layers of truths
and lies that stand between
myself and the peace
of being no different
from a still
mountain or a silent
root, firm and
slow seeking
in the earth.

There is something within
me that is no different
from the element
that holds all our
flimsy creations
in its palm.

There is a silence within me
that is waiting for
the end of a machinery
of chatter
and doubt.

I sit here and
acknowledge
my distance
from the answers,
from the light that
relentlessly reaches
for me
through the
darkness.

(April 22, 2010)
Image from http://www.flickr.com/photos/multiget/2317928071/

No comments:

Search This Blog