Categories

Monday, April 26, 2010

Anniversary



















by Justine C. Tajonera

There was a time that you were
charming,
nothing escaped my notice:
your elbows showing beneath
your folded shirt sleeves,
how you wore your shoes,
the scars on your face,
your arm,
your finger,
the way you gestured,
the broadness of your shoulders,
how you laughed with
your nephews and
nieces.

Then there was a time
I was disenchanted with
how you did not hurry,
your sulking,
your way of saying
that I had a choice
when I did
not.

After four years,
I lost my wedding
ring.

And then after that,
there was a time that I wept
over how I had never
heard you
before,
how our happiness hung
by threads.

It has been five years
and I will never be done
knowing you.

Last night, we fought over
what side we were on
in the grander scheme
of things.

And this morning, I realized
the meaning of being
on your
side.

I would wear your love
as a seal
upon
my heart.

And where you go,
I will
go.

For Vier
(April 26, 201)

Image from http://www.flickr.com/photos/troybthompson/434922876/

No comments:

Search This Blog