Categories

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Wedding Story


















by Justine C. Tajonera

How would anyone know
that it really happened?

Some people bring home
pictures, videos,
little souvenirs of bells
or flowers
or cake.

And they will bring home
a story.

The story is just as real,
just as essential
as all the other tangible
things.

A friend of mine shared
a story with me,
one that is five years
old.

He told me about
my wedding day:
how it was humid that day,
that he saw happiness
brimming on
all sides,
our certainty
as we walked
down the aisle.

And most beautiful of all,
he told me how love
became
real and
vivid
again, something
he could believe.

This story is more
precious
than anything I ever saved
of that day.

for Erwin
(March 4, 2010)
Read the blog here: http://myriadminutiae.wordpress.com/2005/04/24/unforgettable/

No comments:

Search This Blog