Categories

Monday, January 25, 2010

No Small Gifts














by Justine C. Tajonera

He sings me the Happy
Birthday Song, off key
and all.

I look at his radiant face
and imagine all the
wonderful stories
in his life.

I will be at the start
of his song
but his lyrics
will take on
a life of
its own.

I may not see it
to the very end
but I love every little
line, every little
stanza.

Nothing he could ever
give me would be
small.
Not the slices of
pancake,

not the Fuji Apple Mentos
dragees,
not a single smile
or a solemn offer
of a yellow block
to keep
in my bag.

(Jan. 25, 2010)
For Badger
Inspired by the song Five Loaves and Two Fishes by Corinne May performed by Hangad last Jan. 23, 2010.
Image from http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikefischer/3532629536/

No comments:

Search This Blog