Categories

Monday, January 12, 2015

#1 of 36: Here's to Love, A Review of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First SightThe Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I finished most of this book on a Sunday night (I bought the book on the 8th but I didn't really start reading in earnest until yesterday, the 11th). It was a reading assignment for a YA writing workshop that I'm participating in. I didn't expect all the tears especially because I did a lot of eye rolls at the beginning of the book. At first I didn't get why Oliver, the love interest, was into Hadley, the protagonist. After a while, though, I started enjoying the whole thing. Most of the love story progresses in the air, literally. It's been a fantasy of mine to fall in love on a plane, on a trip abroad, alone. Of course it never happened. This story is probably a proxy.

More than that (the love story), I loved the back story of Hadley and Hadley's broken-up parents (and come to think of it, Oliver's parents too). I, too, can't forgive Hadley's dad for what he did. But I do get that children from a broken home need to move on. I guess that was why I kept crying. It was the father-daughter relationship that really moved me.

Lastly, Oliver grew on me. Well, no really. I just imagine Benedict Cumberbatch's sexy British accent and I'm already half in love with him. Haha! This was a great, light read to start off my 2015. Here's to love!

Note: BTW, if you're wondering what the #1 of 36 means --> I just gave myself a 36-book challenge this year. Now, that might not seem like much but it's going to be pretty busy. I think 3 in a month is already a stretch. Hopefully, I surpass this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Search This Blog