Categories

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

A Rip-Roaring Ride On a Hot-Air Balloon: A Book Review of "Fortunately, The Milk" by Neil Gaiman

Fortunately, the MilkFortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It took me and my son, Badger, three nights to finish this book but they were all fun-filled nights. I had to stretch it out a bit because I didn't expect the book to be that long. What amazed me about this book was: it contained everything that stirs up B's imagination: aliens, dinosaurs, pirates, vampires...well maybe not ponies (was that considered a spoiler? I'm not sure). I'm so glad we got this book and I'm sure this won't be the last time we'll read it together. It's a great rip-roaring ride and Gaiman's landscapes are stunning. It also has lovely read-aloud moments like the Transylvanian accent that I was forced to use (you'll get it when you read it). All in all, very silly and fun.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Search This Blog