Categories

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

NaPoWriMo#3: Running After C



Running After C
by Justine C. Tajonera

You move so quickly,
you won't stay still, not for pictures,
not even when I plead and offer you cookies.
I wash your hair and wrap you in a towel
and off you go, somewhere else, humming.
You used to scramble to pick up my jogging shoes
and put them on the shoe shelf but now you
only smile and say no and attempt to climb
up a shelf to get at your biscuits.
I want to capture your laugh, your smile,
all teeth and cheek.
I run to keep up with you and make
poor copies of you with my camera
(how will it ever come with the scent
of your nape?)
I want to keep discovering you, I want
to be surprised. I want this world to be yours,
little girl. I don't want you to be saved.
I want you to do the saving.


No comments:

Search This Blog