Categories

Sunday, April 28, 2013

NaPoWriMo#27: All Is Fair

All Is Fair
By Justine C. Tajonera

There was a time that the end justified
the means. I pulled all stops. It was for
love, after all. I upped the stakes, I gambled
everything. It was for love, only that.
It meant the world would stop, it meant
I was to have my heart's desire, like a wish
made on the first star at night. It meant there
was no relief, no head that would turn my way
that wasn't his. If I was inconsolable it was
because of love, that noblest cause.
Years later, it only seems funny, all those
years of empty yearning. All is fair to those
who play the game. And even among games,
there are those that can be played by one.
Is it all that fair in solitaire? Only the player knows.
In games like that, there's nothing lost, nothing won.

No comments:

Search This Blog