Categories

Monday, April 15, 2013

NaPoWriMo#15: Yama

NaPoWriMo or National Poetry Writing Month, is an annual project in which participating poets attempt to write a poem a day for the month of April.

Yama

by Justine C. Tajonera

I'm not grim nor wrathful, contrary to popular belief.
I don't welcome ferrying you to the other side.
In your history and through your brief lives
I've relished least a massive flooding
at my door. I prefer peace and a moment-at-
a-time. I enjoy the stories on the boat.
When you come all at once, I don't quite hear
anything. And that's why I hate war just as much
as you. Walk with me. I'll take you to the other side.
Don't come running. And don't shun me, either.
I promise that I hold your children, bright with trust
and curious about my hands and hair, with care.
I love the most those who take my hands in theirs.
Walk with me. There are worse things to fear.
I am not one of them. I am not the end.

No comments:

Search This Blog