Categories

Friday, April 12, 2013

NaPoWriMo#12: Nothing

NaPoWriMo or National Poetry Writing Month, is an annual project in which participating poets attempt to write a poem a day for the month of April.

Nothing
By Justine C. Tajonera

I am not accustomed to asking
for nothing. There is always a list of things
to be requested, acquired, sorted. Even
gratitude has its lists.

Nothing borders my life, creates the
edges, the breath between the hungers,
the immersion in the delightful noise.

I chase after the last note of the bell.
There are two breaths in between the end
of the sound and the beginning.

I forget that the end of the sound makes
the sound. One and the other are no
different and separate. If I lose you,
If I lose you, I will remember this truth.

No comments:

Search This Blog