Categories

Friday, September 17, 2010

Little Gifts














by Justine C. Tajonera

There was one morning
I discovered your socks in my bag
at work.
I started to cry, not yet knowing
if I was sad at the thought of you
waking up without me
or happy that I had something
of yours to hold me
together for the rest
of the day.

The other day, you were
already asleep
when I got back home
and I saw your slippers
outside your room
and again, I started to cry
not knowing if I was happy
that you were getting enough rest
or sad to have missed
tucking you
in bed with me.

These little things
string along in my mind
and break open my
heart.

I cannot yet
find the words
to describe why
each little thing
that you do
and leave
for me
to find

are lovely
little gifts
that throw open
all the windows
in my
life.

For Badger
Sept. 14, 2010

Image from madelinetosh.typepad.com

No comments:

Search This Blog