Categories

Friday, May 07, 2010

Mother's Day Wish













by Justine C. Tajonera

There is a sound that breaks
my heart every morning.
It is when I turn the lock
twice to leave
after getting a
goodbye kiss
from you.

Sometimes, you run
to the door
to see me out.
You wave
and say, "See you
later."

In what world is it
possible for me
to turn around
and
stay?

This morning
you finally held your
crayons in a pencil
grip,
correcting yourself,
watching me,
waiting for me to
smile.

What if we had
the whole day
to draw mountains
and trees
and suns?

Even though this is
the brink of
a work week,
I pick up my bag
and packed lunch
and head to the
door
no matter how hard
my heart remains
tied
to your side.

The day is coming,
just you wait
and see.
The day is coming
when we will both
go through that door
for adventures
with no measures
and a horizon of
mountains
and trees and
limitless suns.

(May 7, 2010)
Image from http://www.flickr.com/photos/psychobabble/274717482/

No comments:

Search This Blog