Categories

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Father, Husband and Son



















by Justine C. Tajonera

I've seen the worst of my father
and the best of him.
I've enumerated his faults
and I've put him on a pedestal.

But to me, there's no better
comfort
than his bear hug,
even when he's mad
at me.

Like the prodigal son's
brother, I've wondered
at his choices.

Until I realize that
no one will see
me quite the way
he does.

And no one will
will be tough on me
the way he is.

I look at the three men
in my life:
my father, my husband
and my son

all bearing titles
from different
points
in their lives

and I am grateful
for having the
unique and unfaltering
love
of each
one.

For my Dad, Vier and Badger
(May 18, 2010)
Image of father and daughter from http://www.flickr.com/photos/ujwala/501971913/

No comments:

Search This Blog