Categories

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lost in the Pattern
















by Justine C. Tajonera

Something abut this mark
will make me stay
for hours
on end.

Something about the color,
the network of lines,
the little shapes
and letters
converge in my mind,
drawing me into
a spiral of thinking
that has no
logic.

If I will just be,
I could walk into the path
of this blue leaf
and never
come back.

The red roots of love
are pulling me back,
upwards into
a place where
I need to breathe.

But there it is,
hiding somewhere,
a place that I will
return to
when I will not have
to live.

(Dec. 29, 2009)

Image from http://www.flickr.com/photos/lavenderlou/2415987179/in/photostream/

Note: Flow is the mental state of operation in which the person is fully immersed in what he or she is doing by a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and success in the process of the activity. Proposed by Mihály Csíkszentmihályi, the positive psychology concept has been widely referenced across a variety of fields.

No comments:

Search This Blog