Categories

Monday, December 28, 2009

Four Leaf Clover


by Justine C. Tajonera

She gives me a four leaf clover
for Christmas,
wishing me
all the
best.

I stare at the four leaves,
thinking of the five of
us,
our children, husbands,
former lovers
and interlocking stories
forming a pattern
all on their own,

talismans luckier than
any of these leaves
that embellish my ring
finger.

Our collective memories
are more verdant
than any field,

our tears and inside
jokes
more precious
than any
charm.

I hold this precious
trust among us,
greedily close
to my heart:

how beautiful
the leaves we make
in one perfect
stem of
friendship.

(Dec. 28, 2009)


Image from http://www.flickr.com/photos/cygnus921/2678359760/

1 comment:

Imee said...

Very nice poem Jus. I'm so touched that my gift inspired this poem. Cheers to the Craft

Uu

Search This Blog