Categories

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Bookworm's Weekend

My husband and I had the quietest weekend (well holiday, anyway, since V was out for a planning session until Sunday). We were both reading. Just reading. I finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince first and then went on to read Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier. Vier took over Harry Potter and I finished Jamaica Inn. While he was three-fourths into Harry Potter, I took on Sally Beauman's re-working of Daphne du Maurier's gothic "Rebecca", "Rebecca's Tale" (which I bought for a song in the big National Bookstore branch in Cubao). I was amazed at how we read from morning til night, just breaking for our meals, the SONA and snacks (how irreverent of me to lump the SONA with meals and snack breaks. I'd like NOT to be cynical but unless there really IS some geniune change then maybe I'd be more attentive. I DID turn on the TV at the appropriate hour. That's more than it deserved.)

That was really an ideal day for me. What a change from watching TV or DVD's. I wish all our weekends could be like that. Sigh. But then again, there aren't many writers like J.K. Rowling who can entice my otherwise book-agnostic husband to read.

And now I can't wait to get home and read the last few chapters of Rebecca's Tale! :)

No comments:

Search This Blog