Categories

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Today is V's Birthday

This is going to be a short post. Just wanted to announce V's birthday. Here's to my inspiration and my partner in life! Let's give him one big hip-hip-hooray! I'm glad that he's in my life and I thank God for every moment with him.

He's such a child at heart. He always makes me laugh and he's taught me how to step back and appreciate all the little things that make life great. Some people take the little things for granted. I really appreciate the love, time and effort that he has put into our relationship. Several posts ago, I wrote about how he's given me room to dance. In celebration of this wonderful guy's birthday, I'm posting the lyrics to our favorite song. It's our story, in a way, and it's wonderful to slow dance to (don't mind the fact that there's no spring, autumn and winter here in the Philippines...other than that, you get the idea):

That's All Lyrics

(Alan Brandt, Bob Haymes)

I can only give you love that lasts forever
And a promise to be near each time you call,
And the only heart I own
For you and you alone,
That's all, that's all.


I can only give you country walks in springtime
And a hand to hold when leaves begin to fall,
And a love whose burning light
Will warm the winter night,
That's all, that's all.


There are those, I am sure, who have told you
They would give you the world for a toy.
All I have are these arms to enfold you
And a love time can never destroy.


If you're wondering what I'm asking in return, dear,
You'll be glad to know that my demands are small.
Say it's me that you'll adore
For now and ever more,
That's all, that's all.


~interlude~


If you're wondering what I'm asking in return, dear,
You'll be glad to know that my demands are small.
Say it's me that you'll adore
For now and ever more,
That's all...that's all.

1 comment:

VivaGlam! said...

Aww. That is a sweet song. You actually made me sing as I was reading your blog.

Happy Bday V! You've made my friend really happy and if that is all, then that's enough. =D

Search This Blog