Categories

Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Quest for the Diamond Sword: Fun and Friendship

The Quest for the Diamond Sword (An Unofficial Gamer's Adventure #1)The Quest for the Diamond Sword by Winter Morgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A fun read with the kids!

I read this book because I am co-facilitating a book club for four wonderful boys together with my daughter. I had no idea that this would be the book we would end up reading. I was expecting The Graveyard Book or Bridge to Terabithia. But this Minecraft book won the most votes! Even my daughter voted for it! The story is straightforward and simple (it's only 18 chapters long) but what I love about it is the friendship that develops among Steve, Henry, Max, and Lucy. They are not the most likely of friends and yet you see their personalities change and their relationships grow throughout the book. It was also because of this book that I appreciated how rich the world of Minecraft really is! It's a very complex system with an almost infinite amount of objects that you can store in your inventory. My daughter had fun with recreating the settings on Minecraft and even made Minecraft costumes and objects for both of us. :) So, go ahead, pick up this book because it's a great way to get into your child's world! You're sure to have great conversations about it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Search This Blog