Categories

Friday, February 12, 2010

Listening In the Heart of Silence














by Justine C. Tajonera

I have been hungry for tranquility
for some time,
searching in the noise, in the crowd,
wondering sometimes
why I cannot move away
from the traps
around my feet.

When I sit for a few moments
in meditation,
I begin to see the many illusions
around me:
time, success, material
things, obligation,
stress.

I have never really listened
before.
I have always talked,
requested, demanded,
shared, pined,
questioned.

But I have never really
listened.

And the listening is
difficult,
elusive, strained.
The listening is full of
my own voice
asking, wondering,
talking.

But there has been
a clearing
sometimes,
a fountain of light
and love

and the answer
that my mind
can never
comprehend.

The answer is
the music
and the silence
and being
in the heart
of it.

(Feb. 12, 2010)
Image from http://www.flickr.com/photos/_brilho-de-conta/344394465/

No comments:

Search This Blog